How to Disable IDM Automatic Update Check
Internet Download Manager, shortly known as IDM is probably the most popular among paid download manager tools available today for Windows. Along with accelerated downloader, IDM features tight browser integration which lets you directly download videos from the web besides normal files. IDM works much more conveniently than other download manager programs.
IDM also frequently checks for the new versions and notifies you with a dialog promptly. The dialog has the title “New version of Internet Download Manager is available” with the latest version information in the field. This is really A cool feature that lets you know that an update of this tool is available. Thus you don’t have to tense about not having the latest version.
How to Turn off IDM Automatic Update Check
You can also download IDM Crack.
- Press Win+R on your keyboard to launch Run. Type Regedit and hit OK. It will run Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, proceed as following: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > DownloadManager.
- Double click on the name LstCheck (it can be LastCheck for older IDM versions).
- Change the value to a much future date as I did:
- Hit OK and close Registry editor.
- Restart your PC.
This will prevent IDM from showing update availability notification.
Bonus: How to Manually Update IDM
- Select Help > Check for updates from the toolbar.
- It will check for the latest version and notify you if there’s an update or not.
It’s recommended to keep Internet Download Manager always updated as the latest versions come with bug fixes, optimization, and new features.